We get it, taking your makeup off sucks. Especially if you are one of those who spend quite an investment in time to make it look just right. Whether you’ve been through a marathon day of work, errands, gym, friends, running around, etc. The last thing you want to do is spend more time removing the day’s wear, but as you have probably learned from the past, taking off your makeup at night is essential for healthy skin. Otherwise, you wake up with irritation, clogged pores and – gasp – possibly blemishes!
And what if it’s one of those days when you are on the go and you’ve run out of makeup remover? It might sound a little unorthodox, but you can actually just head to your kitchen pantry for a quick fix. If you have a jar of coconut oil tucked away, it may just be your new go-to beauty tool for removing your makeup!
Yes, you heard me. You can use coconut oil to remove your makeup. It’s gentle, effective, and hey – less expensive than buying the mass market makeup remover you are used to purchasing. Coconut oil will straight pull the impurities off your face, along with your makeup, dead skin, yucky stuff, etc. And it’s a pretty simple step-by-step process. Here’s what you do:
- Start off with organic coconut oil:
- Grab a scoop from your jar, or you can even decant some into a smaller container for easy access in your bathroom.
- Grab a cotton pad:
- Take the cotton pad (the pancake looking ones, not a cotton ball), and give it some hot water – just enough to be damped, not super soaked.
- Scoop some of your coconut oil:
- With the cotton pad, scoop some coconut oil – about one half to one teaspoon of oil but try to distribute it over the pad as evenly as possible (you may have to use your fingers to manipulate it).
- Swipe the pad over your eye gently:
- But use enough pressure to pick up the makeup. You don’t want to press too hard as your eyes are sensitive but use the same amount of force as you would your makeup remover.
- With a fresh pad, repeat this process on your opposite eye. As you’ve probably figured out, your makeup will lift like a dream.
Yes, it seems incredibly simple and almost too good to be true, which is why we don’t blame you if you decide to resort to this method instead of using your old faithful makeup remover. Coconut oil is ever-so-simple, incredibly effective, and easy on the budget. There are a variety of different types of coconut oils to experiment with and you may find one work better than another. The takeaway is that your skin will be feeling left softer and smoother, more hydrated and healthier, and ultimately younger looking!
So, if you are in a pinch or just looking to tighten up your pocket strings, coconut oil can be your new saving grace for dissolving all that makeup off before you start fresh again tomorrow.