Wrinkly skin, saggy skin, crepey skin — all of us experience aging, but each skin type ages differently. The most common signs of aging skin are crow’s feet, the famous “turkey neck”, Deep lines around your mouth (also called nasolabial folds), and crepey skin.
What is Crepey Skin?
“Crepey skin” is defined as skin that has significantly thinned and has the appearance of crinkled crepe paper (hence the name). While crepey skin can look similar to saggy skin or wrinkles, it can be more severe due to the loss of collagen and elasticity. And when gone unaddressed, problem areas can grow in size or multiply.
5 QUICK FIXES for Face & Body Wrinkles
If you’re unhappy with the appearance of your crepey skin, we understand completely, which is why we chose to write this article. You are not alone; crepey skin is not only a matter of the face but of the body as well. Before opting for plastic surgery, here are the top and best creams for wrinkly and crepey skin. To make your shopping experience easier, we have made a list of helpful ingredients to keep an eye out for when comparing anti-aging skincare products.
1. Editors’ Choice: Adonia StemuTone Body Serum
Our recommended cream for crepey skin is StemuTone by Adonia Organics. We love this cream because it’s made entirely of all-natural ingredients, and unlike most other anti-aging serums, it is clinically proven to firm and tighten skin in under 20 minutes.
Adonia Organics offers a line of skincare created by doctors, in our opinion, the most effective product is their StemuTone Body Serum. This serum can improve your skin’s tone and texture with continued use — it’s proven to boost elasticity and reduce the look of crepey skin by 78% in only 28 days. Whether you have mild lines or deep wrinkles, dry or oily skin, StemuTone is an excellent option.
Adonia StemuTone can address crepey skin on all body parts, and it’s especially helpful for the hands and chest. Its most powerful ingredient is plant stem cells, shown to boost collagen and elastin, two key proteins that work to maintain your skin’s youthful appearance.
Apart from plant stem cells, it also contains organic rose, ginger, lavender, peppermint, cherry, carrot, lemon verbena, and more to protect your skin from free radicals and other environmental factors that can cause damage and lead to premature aging.
When applying StemuTone (or any other face or body cream), be sure to use gentle, circular motions, and avoid pulling the skin too hard, as this can exacerbate crepey or sagging skin. StemuTone Body Serum is only available on the Adonia Organics website, it comes with free shipping and costs $49.
2. Athena 7 Minute Lift : better than botox
Another fantastic product designed to tackle crepey skin is the Athena 7 Minute Mask. When it comes to quick skin fixes, they are our favorite. Clinically proven to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by 83% within just 7 minutes. It can’t get much better than that. We love this plant-stem lift because of its ability to tackle it all! From saggy skin, undereye puffiness, crow’s feet, frown lines, and more.
its rich selection of 12 gentle, all-natural Greek plant oils all designed to rejuvenate the skin. This includes jasmine oil, almond oil, green tea leaf, rose oil, edelweiss extract, avocado oil, and more.
When it comes to the application of the product, it is recommended that you about the Athene 7 Minute Lift in the morning, only using a small amount on your applicator brush, as a little goes a long way. After this, you can then apply it to all the areas with visible lines and wrinkles, wait about 7 minutes for your results, and you’re done. This product will then provide you with a beautiful lift for between 7-10 hours before fading and can be reapplied as needed.
100% plant-based with proven results by thousands, the Athena 7 Minute Lift is available on the 7 Minute Lift website at a price of $79.
3. Blue Saint Instant Body Self-Tanning Foam : Probiotics for your skin
Next on the list is Blue Saint. Known as one of the best and most luxurious self-tanning foams on the market. Blue Saint Self-Tanning Foam is designed to give you a beautiful bronze color in just 15 minutes! This self-tanner comes without any harmful side effects typically found in generic tanning products. Carefully designed with plant-based ingredients, Blue Saint is the only probiotic self-tanner that guarantees smooth and natural-looking results with each use.
We absolutely love this tanning foam! Not only is it plant-based and gentle on the skin, but it is also great for crepey and sagging skin due to its high level of probiotics. Probiotics help hydrate and protect the skin resulting in less visible signs of aging. Glyceric is another excellent ingredient, highly recommended by many dermatologists for crepey skin. It can hold moisture, keeping the skin plump, smooth, and protected.
With that said, to use this instant suntan, apply 2-3 pumps for each area of your body onto the mitt (free with purchase) and gently massage it into the skin. Leave on for the full 15 minutes for the ultimate bronze. This product is available on Blue Saint or Amazon for only $39.
4. Peptide 10 : 2 Minute Face Lift
And lastly, another product by Adonia Organics, Peptide 10 is designed to help reduce the appearance of crepey, sagging, and wrinkled skin. This miracle solution promises to provide visible results in just 2 minutes. Peptide 10 gently penetrates the skin’s epidermal layer with 10 key Nano-Peptides – unique proteins designed to help smooth, lift, and firm your skin with each use for a more youthful appearance.
Key ingredients are probiotics for nourishment and conditioning of the skin, Palmitoyl Hexapeptide-12 for boosting collagen production, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8 for tackling the appearance of wrinkles, and Pentapeptide-18, which helps to smooth out deep wrinkles in the skin.
This product is rich in all the essentials needed to tackle crepey and wrinkled skin. It can hold moisture, keeping the skin plump, smooth, and protected.
Best applied in the morning, we love this product for its ability to improve the texture and resilience of the skin with each use while providing visible results in under 3 minutes. Not to mention, this formula is also 100% plant-based, vegan, and cruelty-free, which is another huge plus. With that said, you can shop this product on Adonia Organics for a cost of $99.
Best Natural Ingredients in Anti-aging Creams
When comparing anti-aging products, the ingredients are essential when gauging effectiveness. Many of the most recommended creams for crepey skin contain similar ingredients. Below we offer a breakdown of these ingredients. It’s important to note, products won’t necessarily have all of these, just a handful, but if a product doesn’t contain any of them, it’s a good indicator of poor quality.
- Peptides: Peptides work as building blocks for collagen production, promoting overall plumper, younger-looking skin.
- Tea Extracts: Tea extracts contain antioxidants and have powerful anti-inflammatory properties to protect your skin from environmental damage.
- Plant Stem Cells: Plant stem cells stimulate collagen and elastin production to fill in lines and wrinkles, giving your skin a more youthful look.
- Lavandula Angustifolia: Also known as lavender oil, is a natural ingredient that helps to soothe dry and irritated skin. Used since ancient times, this simple ingredient helps protect your skin from possible damage that accelerates the aging process.
- Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis: Also known as almond oil, this ingredient helps restore balance to the skin and increase moisture absorption for a plump and more youthful appearance. It is also rich in vitamins A, E, B1, B2, and B6.
- Jasmine Officinale: Also known as jasmine oil, this natural ingredient has been renowned for centuries for its calming and restorative properties for the skin. As a result, it has been revered as one of the best natural oils to use for anti-aging.
- Glycerin: Glycerin helps to hold moisture in the skin to help better maintain its health as well as provide a more plump and youthful appearance.
- Mentha Piperata: Also known as peppermint oil, this natural ingredient has been used for centuries for its impeccable ability to soothe stressed and tired skin. As a result, it is considered to be one of the best for replenishing aged skin to a more youthful appearance.
- Vitamin A (Retinol): Vitamin A (known in skin care as Retinol) is one of the most effective ingredients at reversing the appearance of lines and wrinkles and smoothening skin.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C plays defense against free radicals and protects against sun damage to resist sagging and wrinkles.
Many incorporate anti-aging products into their beauty regimen before wrinkles form as a preventative measure. However, these anti-aging products are designed to combat saggy, crepey skin and deep lines and wrinkles — so they can also work to improve skin health. If you’re concerned about the appearance of your crepey skin, we suggest talking with your dermatologist first and foremost. Your dermatologist will be able to speak with you about the best treatment options specified to your needs. For many, though, anti-aging creams are all that’s necessary to improve skin tone and texture.